Students' schedules will be arranged so as not to conflict with their class schedule.
**APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED YEAR-ROUND **
In order to maintain the integrity of the academic standards of KGO-TV's College Student Program, students will need to comply with the following requirements:
- Be currently enrolled in college as juniors, seniors or graduate students (attending graduate school).
- Provide original/official transcript and verification of enrollment.
- Have 3.0-3.5 GPA.
- Provide rationale stating why they are interested in the College Student Program and how it applies to their field of study.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from one of their professors on official school letterhead.
To meet the employment conditions of all individuals who work at KGO-TV, the students must:
- Complete a job application form
- Students will be required to get a background check clearance before their start date.
- Students must show proof that they have the legal authorization from the Department of Homeland Security (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) to work in the United States. They will be required to complete the I-9 Form, Employment Eligibility Verification on their start date. Attached are the acceptable documents that can be used to complete the I-9 Form.
TYPES OF INTERNSHIPS:
News Assignment Desk, News Research/"Seven on Your Side", Sports, Public Affairs, Programming, Web/Digital
**AVAILABILITY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE FROM SEMESTER TO SEMESTER**
Please visit our website: http://www.abc7news.com and go to "JOBS" tab where the instructions, program requirements and the application are available. Please mail the complete application packet -- Cover sheet, official verification of college enrollment, official transcript, rationale, letter of recommendation and job application form to: KGO-TV / ABC 7, Human Resources Department, 900 Front Street, San Francisco, CA 94111.
If you have further questions about the College Student Program, please contact Human Resources at (415) 954-7774 or e-mail Bradley Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org.