We recently learned more about the new Star Wars-themed land headed to Walt Disney World Resort. It turns out there's more fun making the journey from a galaxy far, far, away to the Park. During an exciting Disney Parks Blog live-stream from Epcot in Walt Disney World this evening, we learned that brand new Star Wars experiences are headed to Disney's Hollywood Studios beginning mid-December. The live-stream also revealed that several of the experiences will be inspired by the highly anticipated Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. With the movie hitting theaters on December 16, we couldn't be more excited for this announcement.
Here's the full stream in case you missed it:
How amazing was the official reveal of the temporary transformation of Spaceship Earth into the Death Star? We also loved the first look at the AWR (Advance Weapons Research) Troopers and the special appearance by Mads Mikkelsen, who stars in Rogue One as Jyn Erso's father, Galen. And of course we can't wait to check out all of the new additions to Disney's Hollywood Studios--more reasons why we need to visit Walt Disney World as soon as possible. Here's everything we learned:
1. There are new additions to the "Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away" daytime show. During the show, fans will be getting a sneak peek at the AWR Troopers who'll be working under Director Krennic in Rogue One.
2. "Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular" will be making its intergalactic return, replacing "Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM" on New Year's Eve.
3. Rogue One props are coming to the Star Wars Launch Bay!
4. There will also be new making-of Rogue One footage added to the "Meet the Makers" segment of the cool "Star Wars: Path of the Jedi" film presented at the Launch Bay.
5. As we previously learned, "Star Tours: The Adventures Continue" will also be getting updates. Beginning in the middle of December, more randomized tracks will be making their way into the ride. On top of that, the attraction will both start and end at different Star Wars locations.
6. Last but not least, an all-new Star Wars-themed tour will be offered on Mondays and Saturdays throughout 2017 starting January 2. The seven hour adventure will take guests on "Star Tours: The Adventures Continue," offer a meet and greet with Chewbacca and Kylo Ren at the Star Wars Launch Bay, an insider tour of the Launch Bay, a viewing of "Star Wars: Path of the Jedi," and Star Wars-themed cuisine at Backlot Express. The tour will conclude with the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, with a special viewing of the accompanying show.
What a whirlwind of experiences! We can't wait to head to Disney's Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World to check all of this out. Will you be doing the same? Let us know in the comments below!
The Walt Disney Company is the parent company of Lucasfilm, Oh My Disney and this station.