Woman rescued from burning home

September 5, 2008 9:47:01 AM PDT
Firefighters rescued a disabled woman from her San Francisco home this morning after her toaster caught fire, a fire spokeswoman said.

The one-alarm blaze was reported just after 5 a.m. at 333 Monticello St. in the city's Ingleside neighborhood, according to San Francisco Fire Department spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge.

Firefighters had to clear a pathway for the woman to wheel her out of the house, Talmadge said. She was not injured.

The flames burned the home's kitchen before firefighters controlled the blaze by 5:30 a.m.

A damage estimate was not immediately available, Talmadge said.


Load Comments