Fire causes $155,000 damage

October 11, 2008 6:09:03 PM PDT
Household belongings placed too close to a floor furnace are believed to have triggered a fire at a Santa Rosa home this morning, a battalion chief said.

The Santa Rosa Fire Department responded to the blaze in the 600 block of Charles Street at about 7:25 a.m. and found a single-story home burning.

The fire caused $150,000 in damage to the structure and $5,000 to the contents, the fire department reported.

An adjacent home and an outbuilding were briefly exposed to heat.

Fifteen firefighters controlled the fire at about 8 a.m.


Load Comments