Faulty wiring suspected in shed fire

November 6, 2008 1:21:25 PM PST
Faulty electric wiring is suspected as the cause of a fire that burned a shed and a vehicle Wednesday morning, Santa Rosa Fire Department Battalion Chief Andy Pforsich said.

The fire at 1503 South Wright Road, near Roseland, was reported around 10:30 a.m. by residents who smelled smoke, Pforsich said.

The residents were attempting to put out the fire with garden hoses when firefighters arrived, Deputy Chief Charles Hanley said. Firefighters controlled the blaze in 15 minutes.

Damage is estimated at $50,000, he said.


Load Comments