PANERA BREAD ASIAN SESAME CHICKEN SALAD
All-natural citrus-herb chicken, romaine lettuce, fresh cilantro, sliced almonds, sesame seeds, crispy wonton strips & exclusive reduced-sugar Asian sesame vinaigrette. (Calories: 210; Protein: 16 grams; Fat: 10 grams)
- 4 cups Romaine Lettuce
- 1.5 ounces Asian Dressing
- 2 pinches Cilantro
- 1 ounce Wonton Strips
- 3.5 ounces Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbsp. Sliced Almonds
- Sesame Seeds
1. Romaine Lettuce: Using a 2-cup measuring pitcher, add two pitchers (4 cups/950 ml) of lettuce into mixing bowl. For half salad, add one pitcher (2 cups/470 ml) of lettuce.
2. Asian Dressing: Using a .75 oz/20 ml ladle, pour two ladles of Asian dressing over lettuce. For half salad, pour one ladle of dressing. Whole salad is 1.5 oz / 40 ml, for half salad .75 oz / 20 ml.
3. Cilantro: Using a gloved hand, add a 2-fingered pinch (.10 oz.) of cilantro. For half salad, add a one-fingered pinch (.05 oz.) of cilantro. 2-fingered pinch = thumb + 2 fingers.
4. Wonton Strips: Using a ? cup scoop, add two scoops of wonton strips. For half salad, add one scoop of wonton strips. Whole salad is 1 oz / 30 ml, for half salad .5 oz / 15 ml.
5. Toss: Using tongs, gently toss until ingredients are evenly coated with dressing.
6. Plating: Using tongs, place salad mixture onto center of serving plate.
7. Citrus-Herb Chicken Breast: Using gloved hand, layer two pre-portioned red bags of Citrus-Herb chicken breast on top of salad. For half salad, layer one pre-portioned red bag of Citrus-Herb chicken breast. Whole salad is 3.5 oz/100 g, for half salad 1.75 oz/50 g.
8. Sesame Seeds: Using a shaker, sprinkle 2-3 shakes of sesame seeds evenly over salad. For half salad, sprinkle 1-2 shakes of sesame seeds evenly over salad.
9. Sliced Almonds: Using a one-tablespoon scoop, add two scoops of sliced almonds evenly over salad. For half salad, add one scoop of sliced almonds evenly over salad. Whole salad is .5 oz / 15 ml, for half salad .25 oz / 10 ml.
About Panera Bread:
Panera Bread is committed to delivering a tradition of handcrafted, fresh-baked, artisan bread along with delicious soups, salads and sandwiches, while providing a warm environment where people feel welcome. Panera has been in the news a lot recently because Health Magazine just named Panera as the healthiest fast food restaurant in the US. Panera was praised for offering customers the choice of apples or baked chips as a side item, Panera's You Pick Two half-size soups, salads and sandwiches, and antibiotic- and hormone-free chicken options.
For more information, visit www.panerabread.com
About Matt Cobo:
Matt Cobo is the owner of several Panera Bread Bakery-Cafes in the Bay Area, including one San Francisco. He never gets tired of the smell of fresh cinnamon rolls coming out of the oven. In his spare time he enjoys playing tennis, riding motorcycles, mountain biking, skiing, BBQ'ing and having a glass of Pinot while enjoying this great city.
BONUS RECIPE: CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD PUDDING
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread, cut into 1" cubes (or soft white bread)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon - omit if using cinnamon raisin bread
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preparation: Pre-heat oven to 350?F.
Assembly: Combine the raisins and orange juice and allow to set for 15 minutes.
In a bowl, combine the bread cubes with the melted butter and then spread them on a cookie sheet and bake until just golden brown. Set aside to cool.
Brush with melted butter either a 2-quart casserole or 6 individual ceramic ramekins. Place the bread cubes in the buttered molds.
Combine the milk, eggs, sugar, salt, cinnamon and vanilla extract with a whisk, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved and mixture is homogenous.
Pour this mixture over the bread cubes in the molds and allow to set in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Place the bread custard mold(s) onto a cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes for larger mold or 30 minutes for individual molds.
Remove the mold(s) from the oven and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Can be served warm or cold.
Cranberries or any other dried fruit can be substituted for the raisins.
Any juice or flavored liquids can be substituted for the orange juice.
For more information, visit www.panerabread.com/