Windsor fire displaces four residents

October 7, 2009 10:48:38 AM PDT
A fire in Windsor on Tuesday afternoon displaced four men who shared a 1,000-square-foot home on Sanders Road.

MOST POPULAR: Video, stories and more
SIGN-UP: Get breaking news sent to you

Windsor Fire District Assistant Chief John Lantz said the fire was reported at about 5 p.m. at a home at 1603 Sanders Road that is elevated a few feet above the ground on concrete blocks.

The fire spread to a wall between a living area and a bedroom and up to the attic, Lantz said. About 20 firefighters managed to contain the blaze within 15 minutes, Lantz said.

The fire caused approximately $25,000 in structural damage and another $1,000 in damage to the home's contents, Lantz said.

The cause may have been electrical, Lantz said.

Firefighters from Windsor, Forestville and Rincon Valley responded to the blaze. The Red Cross is helping the displaced men find housing.

       Today's latest headlines | ABC7 News on your phone
Follow us on Twitter | Fan us on Facebook | Get our free widget


Load Comments