Man hospitalized in one-alarm house fire in Dublin

December 28, 2009 7:37:24 AM PST
A 50-year-old Dublin man was hospitalized this morning with first-degree burns and minor smoke inhalation after his home caught on fire, an Alameda County Fire Department spokeswoman said.

A dog and a snake were also killed in the one-alarm blaze, Alameda Fire Public Information Officer Aisha Knowles said.

The fire was reported at a single-family home at 7048 Allegheny Drive just after 3 a.m. today, according to Knowles. It was controlled about 20 minutes later.

Four people were in the home at the time of the fire, Knowles said. Only the father was injured, and he was taken to ValleyCare Medical Center in Pleasanton.

The fire began in the living room, and the room and its contents were destroyed by the blaze, Knowles said. Other parts of the single-story house also suffered severe smoke damage.

Firefighters rescued the family's injured dog from the fire, but it died despite paramedics' attempts to resuscitate it, Knowles said.


Load Comments