Jessica's Winter Cleaning Tips:
- Spilled Glitter: By now, there is most likely glitter throughout the house, on furniture and embedded into the carpet. To help, first, grab a vacuum and get up as much as you can.
Then, to make sure you get it all out of tight corners and in between the floor boards, head to the toy chest and grab the play dough, which glitter will cling to as you roll the dough over it (Bonus - glitter dough for the kids!). Adhesive tape also works well.
Suggested Cleaning Tools: LiNX Stick Vac, Play Dough, Masking Tape
- Dust as You Go: When taking down decorations, grab a one- to two-inch thick paintbrush and use it to dust away any areas that seem neglected. This is great for hard to reach spots. Or, instead of a rag, use an old sock like a puppet - just spray it with water or cleaner and dust as you decorate!
Suggested Cleaning Tools: Sock, Paint Brush
- Smells Set the Tone: Put a pot of sliced apples, cinnamon sticks and water on the stove to simmer. While entertaining in January when it's still cold out, enjoy a home filled with an inviting, aroma.
Suggested Cleaning Tools: Slices Apples, Cinnamon Sticks and Bowl, Water, Pot or Pan to Heat on Stove
- Silver Polish PDQ: It's great to use grandma's silver and antique ornaments, but what a pain to get the tarnish off. Didn't get a chance to polish to perfection before your guests arrived? A great way to get ahead of the game for next year is to polish before you put the silver away.
Take a page from jewelry makers and use this recipe: line the bottom of a sauce pan with foil and add enough water to cover the tarnished pieces. Sprinkle baking soda onto the water and bring to a simmer. Put the pieces into the boiling water and voila - the tarnish disappears.
Suggested Cleaning Tools: Baking Soda, Silver Spoon, Foil, Casserole Dish, Water
- Tinsel Town: Pretty and sparkly, this stuff is great but sticks to everything! Try using a lint roller or even a hair brush to pick it up and off your carpeting or couch. Or, have some fun with the kids and put double stick tape on their socks and let them dance around! And of course, grab a vacuum to get the rest up.
Suggested Cleaning Tools: Lint Roller, Hair Brush and Masking Tape
- Time for Truly Clean: After all the holiday guests have gone home and the tinsel has been taken down, it's time to get the house truly clean. Jessica's top choice among vacuums is the Hoover Platinum Collection Carpet Cleaner because it utilizes hot water and detergent to lift debris from carpet fibers that sometimes can't be removed by regular vacuuming.
Suggested Cleaning Tools: Hoover Platinum Collection Carpet Cleaner
Hot Mom is a woman who is confident and empowered. Being a Hot Mom is an attitude and a lifestyle, it doesn't matter what age you are, what race, shape or size, EVERY mom can be a Hot Mom! The HMC team welcomes you to join our club The Hot Moms Club was started in 2005 by two frustrated moms on a mission to redefine the traditional image of motherhood. There has never been a hotter time to be a mom than now and The Hot Moms Club has been at the pulse of this movement.
"There is a new generation of mothers, and the Hot Moms Club speaks their language!" ~ actress and mom Eva La Rue "Our philosophy is simple, you are not the best mom unless you are the best YOU. What started out as an idea in our toy littered living rooms has quickly turned into a movement helping moms everywhere live more powerful lives.
We hope you use this site as an emotional, inspirational and informational resource. We support and promote amazing mothers like yourself, we encourage you to share your wisdom and experiences.
It hasn't been easy juggling the responsibilities of HMC and getting our kids to their activities on time, we're still not really sure how we're doing it all. The Hot Mom's Club is ever evolving, our team is working hard to make this website everything we envision and you deserve."
For more information, visit www.hotmomsclub.com