Outfits featured in the segment:
- Iplay solid Brim Hat: $12
- Julbo Toddler Looping Sunglasses: $32
- Julbo Keedz kids Sunglasses: $25
- Speedo Polywog Suit: $29.99
- Speedo Surfwalker Water Shoe: $14.99
- Geosafari Seascope: $30
- Quiksilver Flakes Like Pizza Jacket: $100
- Quiksilver Flakes Like Pizza Pant: $75
- Kamik Rocket Snow boot: $49.99
- Dakine Nova Wrist guard Glove: $45
- Patagonia Capilene: $35
- Smith Holt Jr. Snow/Skate Helmet: $59.99
- Smith Gambler Goggles: $22.50
- Camelbak Mini M.U.L.E. Hydration Pack: $45
- KEEN Coronado Sneakers: $40
- Roxy Girls Jive Corduroy pant: $39.99
- Limeapple Courtney Hoodie: $48
- Sierra Design Hurricane Jacket: $39.99
- Ambler Mountain Works Madison Beanie: $19.95
- Dakine Wonder Girls Pack: $35
- Icebreaker Cheetah Crew: $49.99
- Laken Jr. Water bottle: $19.60
- Spyder Goddaughter Jacket: $100
- Roxy Girls Jump rope Snow Bibs: $75
- Kamik Rocket Snow Boots: $49.99
- Icebreaker Jr Lightweight Crew: $49.99
- Dakine Hornet Mitt: $15
- Glove Gators: $15.99
You can get 10 percent off your entire order over $50; including sales items.
Use Code: ViewAndPlay
About Sarah Laufer:
Sarah Laufer, 34, is a "girl from Brooklyn" who can't get enough of the outdoors. As a child, she and her family spent most summers camping and backpacking in Nova Scotia, away from the noise and heat of the city. It never mattered that they carried all the wrong gear-the joy came from spending time together in the fresh air and sunshine.
Sarah pursued her love of the outdoors throughout college. She worked as a ski boat instructor and whitewater river guide. She led hiking and paddling trips for fellow students. She sold specialty gear to fellow outdoor enthusiasts. When she wasn't working, Sarah was on a snowboard honing her big mountain riding skills. In between, she earned a law degree.
Sarah stopped practicing law to spend more time with her two young children, and to give them the chance to explore the world instead of watching it on television-to enjoy firsthand the sun, the grass, the mountains, the water and the air. Inspired by their joy, and by the outdoor lifestyle of their hometown in Bend, Oregon, Sarah launched Play Outdoors in 2008.
Play Outdoors is a resource to help everyday families get outside every day, whether it's a ten minute romp in a local city park or a multi-day camping trip in the backwoods. "There's so much pressure on parents to create the 'perfect' childhood experience," comments Sara. "But there's no substitute for fresh air and fun, and all it takes is a few minutes a day."
Play Outdoors' e-commerce site offers high-quality outdoor apparel, gear and accessories for children ages 0-12. The corresponding online magazine provides tips, tools and articles to make it easier for other families to explore the joys of the outdoors together.
"At Play Outdoors we believe puddles are for jumping, trees are for climbing, and trails are for exploring," explains Sarah. "Our goal is to build a company that makes kids and their grownups feel safe, happy and excited to be outside-whether they are in Brooklyn or Bend."