- Eating Better: Fit & Fresh has a Smart Portion Prep Center which has a food scale, cutting board and measuring cup, $24.99. Plus lunch on the go is more convenient with a 7-piece container set, www.organize.com -- $9.99
- Get more sleep: A flirty mask makes even a cat-nap a restorative event, www.thelittleflirt.com -- $22
- Stop overeating: Six sleekly designed portion-control bowls make meals seem more glamorous, and they're practical to boot, marketplace.hgtv.com -- $49.95
- Take all your medicines and vitamins on time: Glowcaps flash, play a ringtone, and even call your home phone to remind you, www.rxvitality.com -- $99
- Drink more water: A beautifully colored or patterned new "hydration vessel" will help, especially since they donate some proceeds to water causes, www.korwater.com -- $29.95 to $35.
- Find a new way to workout that you can stick to: Koga is what happens when kickboxing and yoga have a love child, kogaworkout.com -- $49.99
- Stop making excuses for not getting in shape: This wacky bracelet uses holograms and frequencies to improve your balance, so you can't use the old "oh, I could never do that" excuse for any type of fitness challenge, www.powerbalance.net -- $29.95-$59.95
It is a free daily e-mail newsletter and website (with 3 million subscriptions), is the insider's guide to what's hot, new, and undiscovered-from fashion and style to gadgets and food/travel.
With editions in major cities across the U.S. as well as London, DailyCandy is like getting an e-mail from your clever, unpredictable, and totally in-the-know best friend who knows about secret beauty treatments, must-have jeans, hot new restaurants - and always shares the scoop.
For more information, or to sign up go to www.dailycandy.com
About Karen Palmer:
She is the San Francisco editor for DailyCandy. The former editor for 7x7, Where, and San Francisco Brides is a seasoned lifestyle writer who has covered everything from food to fashion.
Her work has appeared in San Francisco Magazine, Saveur, C Magazine, and many others. When she's not writing, you might spot the culinary school grad in one of her favorite restaurants around town.