IDEAS FOR A ROMANTIC DINNER:
Websites: www.drinkgodiva.com | www.coldstonecreamery.com | www.tide.com
VALENTINE'S DAY MEAL TIPS
- Keep it light or serve small portions.
- Use heart-shaped cookie cutters to create festive parts of the meal.
- Rim your glasses with chocolate shavings, pour Godiva liquor over ice and you've created a festive cocktail.
- Make it intimate - candlelight, music, flowers.
- Create an edible Valentine bouquet!
- Simply fill a glass vase with Conversation Hearts and add several long-stemmed candy roses and tie a ribbon around the vase.
- Take apart a few roses and refrigerate the petals in a sealed plastic bag so they'll be ready to scatter the next morning.
- Write names in icing on heart-shaped cookies for place cards.
- Compose special messages to loved ones and tuck them into napkins, lunch bags and briefcases.
- Turn your place settings into decorations for the table.
- Use a special yet simple folding technique to turn your napkin into a heart.
Award-winning cook and culinary critic, Kristina Vanni has appeared on the nationally televised CBS Sunday Morning, the Mike and Maty Show, the Pillsbury Bake-Off Special and PBS. Her food experience extends worldwide from Australia to France to Finland. In Australia Kristina served as the food and wine correspondent for the CBS travel special "Aussie Week" and in France as a contributing writer to a distinguished Paris based culinary website. Kristina's award-winning creative recipes have been published in magazines and cookbooks from Better Homes and Gardens to Pillsbury. Other recent culinary honors include the Grand Prize in Martha Stewart's Everyday Food contest, and the Grand Prize in the American Lamb "Get Your Grill On" Contest.