Serves: 50 Appetizers
- 2 tsp. Short Rib Meat (yes, one teaspoon)
- 1 Tbsp. Pumpkin Polenta
- Chop Parsley to Garnish
- 1pc. (12oz. Boneless) Short Ribs, seasoned and browned
- 2 Cups Red Wine
- Mire Poix (carrots, celery, onions) ½ cup each
- 6 Cups Beef Stock
- 6 each Cinnamon Sticks
- 3 each Bay Leaf
- 2 Gal Water
- 1 lb. Butter
- S&P to taste
- 4 Cups Polenta
- 3 Cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Bring water, butter and seasoning to a boil and add polenta. Stir constantly with wooden spoon until polenta is cooked through, about 12 minutes. Fold in pumpkin puree and cream. Polenta should be soft, smooth and creamy.
- Place 1 Tbsp of pumpkin polenta in cup and top with 2 tea. shredded Short Rib meat (meat should have light floral cinnamon flavor and aroma) and garnish with chopped parsley.
Join San Francisco General Hospital Foundation on Thursday, February 11, 2010 for HEARTS AFTER DARK, an evening of cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and live entertainment at San Francisco's Union Square.
In addition to raising funds for the Foundation, the evening will introduce a new generation of San Franciscans to the programs and services offered by San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center.
Tickets range in price from $125 for the VIP Experience to $75 for General Admission and can be purchased at tickets.com
For more information, visit sfghf.net