Two arrested after drive-by shootings in Concord

March 8, 2010 10:13:06 AM PST
Two people have been arrested in connection with two separate shootings in Concord overnight in which one man was injured, Concord police Lt. Jim Lardieri said.

The first shooting happened at about 10:30 p.m. Sunday in the 2000 block of Mt. Diablo Street. A man in his late 20s had stepped outside a bar to smoke a cigarette when a white, older-model vehicle drove past and someone inside shot at him, striking him in the upper torso, Lardieri said.

The victim was taken to a hospital and is expected to survive, Lardieri said.

Two hours later, at about 12:30 a.m. today, police received a report of a second shooting at a motel in the 1500 block of Concord Avenue.

When police arrived, the victim said he had been walking in the area when a white vehicle drove by and someone inside shot at him but missed.

An investigation into the two shootings led police to two people, 27-year-old Nicholas Cox and 26-year-old Audrey Rodriguez, both Concord residents.

Both have been arrested and booked into county jail on suspicion of attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon and receiving stolen property. Cox was also booked on suspicion of being an ex-felon in possession of a firearm and for violating his parole, Lardieri said.

The gun police believe was used in the two shootings was recovered and had been reported stolen out of Stockton, Lardieri said.

The case is still under investigation and anyone with information is asked to call the Concord Police Department at (925) 671-3030.


Load Comments