The two top reasons for cracked heels is walking barefoot or wearing backless shoes (sandals & flip flops). This causes excessive pressure and friction that expands the "fat pad" of the heels, causing the skin to dry and crack.
Note: If you are experiencing bleeding, painful heel cracks making it difficult to walk, please see your health practitioner as this may be a sign of a more serious concern such as diabetes. Diabetics are prone to the bleeding, painful cracks because they have more difficulty producing oil.
The two top reasons for thick skin build-up on the heels is extreme filing of the heels or using a callus blade. This causes a vicious cycle as your heels will look pink and soft for a few days, but then before you know it, the skin grows back even thicker and faster than before. Why? Your body goes into healing mode - it thinks it has a wound and reacts by sending more cells down to the heels. The skin builds up even faster and thicker to protect them.
Solutions for cracked heels and thick skin build-up on heels:
- Eat a diet rich in omega-three fatty acids (such as fish oil or flax seed oil - they both come in capsules). And drink 8 glasses of water a day to keep skin soft and supple.
- After showering apply a moisturizing product on your feet and then put on a pair of socks and slippers to protect your heels. Apply quick penetrating, all natural Zim's Crack Crème Original Formula to instantly banish dry, cracked heels and dry cuticles around your toes. Apply before and after wearing sandals.
Note: Zim's is less messy than many greasy foot creams and does not stain your shoes.
- Do minimal foot filing on heels and never use the callus blades. Much better to soften and moisten heels by soaking feet in a foot bath with equal parts warm milk and warm water or simply apply the Zim's Crack Crème.
- Never walk around the house in bare feet. Always wear socks and slippers. Or apply Zim's at night with socks and wear them to bed.
- If you're going to wear sandals, apply some Zim's on your heels and toes beforehand and when you return home, put on some socks and slippers.
Knees and elbows:
If you're experiencing dry, thick skin on your knees and elbows, once again -- no harsh exfoliating is needed on these two areas because you don't want to thicken or build-up the skin. The trick is to soften this skin by keeping it moist. After showering, spray on a little Zim's Crack Crème.
Area above the knees:
As we age the skin in this area loses elasticity and can appear crepy or giggly. So in this case, you DO want to use a more rigorous exfoliating method to both stimulate collagen production in the skin and help thicken skin, resulting in more firm looking thighs, preventing the dreaded "giggle". To do this you can either:
- Apply a potent microdermabrasion scrub in a circular motion.
- Dry brush the thighs before showering (using a circular motion toward the heart)
- Or use a loofah on the thighs in the shower every day.
- After showering apply a peptide-rich cream. Peptides are clinically documented to stimulate collagen over 350% and hydrate the skin, stimulating hyaluronic acid over 260%. Relastyl Moisturizer contains skin rejuvenating peptides in a base of shea butter and evening primrose oil. This combination keeps the thighs looking firm.
Back: Many of us experience acne breakouts on the back and to combat that, I suggest applying an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) lotion to gently exfoliate and soften the skin. AHA's may bring more blemishes to the surface for a couple of weeks, but afterward, your skin will stay clear as you continue to apply the AHA regularly to prevent breakouts. And AHA's keep your back soft and supple.
AHA Beauty Fluid is available at health food & drug stores
Louisa has been the guest of many TV and Radio talk shows, most recently The Doctors and KTLA Mornings with Allie and KHTS Radio.
Louisa is the author of the doctor recommended book "Hollywood Beauty Secrets, Remedies to the Rescue," she is also an A-List celebrity body parts model and a renown beauty guru.
Her expertise and attraction for your viewers is that she will reveal beauty solutions they can make using items from their refrigerator or pantry, in our present economy budget friendly anti-aging rejuvenation and beauty remedies are always of interest.
Louisa contributed the entire beauty chapter in the book "Career Comeback" by Lisa Johnson-Mandell, this is a timely subject and could be covered as well -- Looking Fresh and Youthful for That Big Interview.
For more information visit hollywoodbeautysecrets.com