Tips to Rid and Prevent Bad Breath:
- Cut down on dairy foods
- Drink plenty of water to replenish oxygen-rich saliva
- Avoid gum and mints with sugar
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Use toothpaste with oxygenating compounds only - not those with Sodium Lauryl Suflate
- White coating on your tongue?
- Post-nasal drip, allergies or mucus?
- Whitish round 'globs' in your tonsils?
- Dry mouth, morning breath or burning tongue?
- Thick saliva or constantly clearing your throat?
- People offer you gum and mints?
- People turn their heads/back away
- A dry mouth
- Thick saliva
- Excess mucus in the throat
- Post nasal drip
- Diet high in proteins
- Hormonal changes
- Medications which have adry mouth as a side-effect
- History of diabetes
- Special types of diets (Atkins or other high protein diets)
- Excessive use of 'old-fashioned' oral products containing alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate)
Dr. Harold Katz, founder of The California Breath Clinics, is the recognized expert in the fields of bad breath, sour/bitter taste and dry mouth.
His oxygenating compounds have been used by millions of people around the world to eliminate their bad breath problems. Dr. Katz is a 1975 graduate of the UCLA School of Dentistry and holder of a separate degree in Bacteriology, also from UCLA (1971).
After establishing a private dental practice in Beverly Hills, California with his brother, Dr. Richard Katz, he began his own research into the truth about Bad Breath in 1994, after he was unable to help his own 13-year-old daughter with her breath problem.
Highly advertised commercial mouthwashes were making her breath more offensive, and despite immaculate oral hygiene (brushing 5-6 times daily with the most popular toothpastes and flossing several times a day), the problem persisted.
His background in Bacteriology assisted him in realizing that Bad Breath is caused by a group of Anaerobic Sulfur-Producing Bacteria which breed BENEATH the tongue's surface and in the throat.
Under certain conditions, these bacteria initiate the production of the Volatile Sulfur Compounds found in Bad Breath and Taste Disorders. Bad Breath DOES NOT come from the digestive system, as some highly advertised products falsely claim.
Armed with this knowledge, in late 1994 Dr. Katz began to experiment with various compounds that would attack the Anaerobic Sulfur-Producing Bacteria within the mouth. The resulting products - refined over and over since that time - are nothing short of astonishing. Clinical tests of Dr. Katzs' patients have repeatedly resulted in a complete elimination of over 98 percent of VSC's.
Since 1994, no one has helped more people fight Bad Breath than Dr. Katz - nearly 42,000 have been successfully treated through his California Breath Clinics in the U.S. and internationally, and over 6,000,000 people in 98 different countries worldwide have used his TheraBreath System formulas to eliminate Halitosis and regain their lost confidence.
Dr. Harold Katz still sees patients once a month at his office in San Francisco, while his brother, Dr. Richard Katz, sees patients daily in the Century City area of Los Angeles.