Firefighters battle two-alarm blaze at restaurant

June 21, 2010 10:29:47 PM PDT
A two-alarm blaze at a vegetarian restaurant in a strip mall this afternoon caused an estimated $75,000 worth of damage and temporarily shut down power at an adjacent business, a spokesman for the San Jose Fire Department said.

Firefighters responded to reports of smoke at 2595 Senter Road at around 4:30 p.m. Fire crews arrived to find heavy smoke and fire primarily coming from the kitchen of the Di Da Vegetarian restaurant, San Jose fire Capt. Robert Culbertson said.

The blaze was under control by about 5 p.m., he said.

No injuries were reported, but firefighters did temporarily shut down power to the restaurant and adjacent buildings, which forced a neighboring hair salon to temporarily close down.

Culbertson said that firefighters believe the cause of the fire may have been a cooking error.


Load Comments