- Grilled Shrimp ? Pair with Foggy Bridge 2007 Tradewinds Riesling ? Washington State ($17.00)
- Grilled Chicken ? Pair with St. Francis Sonoma Coast Chardonnay- Sonoma ($15.00) or Ventana 2008 Pinot Noir ? Aroyo Seco/Monterrey ($18.99)
- Grilled Steak ? Pair with Cannonball Cab ($15.00) or if you want to Splurge, Clos du Val 2007 Napa Cab ($35- an over-$20 splurge but drinks like a $70 wine!)
Summer Wine Tips:
- Quickly chill wine in the hot summer nights with an ice bath vs. just a chiller or just in ice.
- Wine shouldn't be in hot sun for more than 15 minutes before dropping in temperature.
- Plastic cups can change the taste of the wine, so the stemware you use can literally help a $15 wine like Cannonball drink like a $40 wine, or it can ruin a $100 wine (to not give it a stem that can help it aerate "open up").
Bottlenotes is the premier online wine community, a place for new to intermediate wine enthusiasts to come explore, buy, and share wine. Bottlenotes community members can rate a wine, add a tasting note, read the tasting notes from our community, celebrity, and expert members, gain "wine knowledge" from our podcast library (BottleTalk), receive educational newsletters (BottleNews), read our blog (BottleBlog), search our Winecyclopedia?, peruse our "wine people," and as of March 16th, 2009, subscribe to The Daily Sip?, Bottlenotes' version of the "Daily Candy" of wine.
For more information, visit www.bottlenotes.com.