Fight leads to stabbing, two arrests

July 8, 2010 1:45:15 PM PDT
Two people were arrested after a stabbing in Concord Wednesday evening that injured one person, police Lt. Jim Lardieri said today.

At about 8:40 p.m., officers were dispatched to the 2000 block of Salvio Street to respond to reports of a fight.

It appears that a 16-year-old boy had been walking with some other people in the area when he got into a verbal exchange with a 29-year-old man.

The argument escalated into a physical fight, during which the 16-year-old allegedly stabbed the man, later identified as Jason Youngblood.

The teen was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and booked into juvenile hall.

Youngblood was arrested on suspicion of fighting in public, public intoxication, resisting arrest and violating his probation.

He was treated at a hospital for minor injuries and released to police custody. He was then booked into the Concord city jail, and later cited and released, Lardieri said.


Load Comments