About the NovaSure Procedure:
The NovaSure procedure is a quick, safe, simple, one-time endometrial ablation treatment. This minimally invasive procedure controls heavy bleeding by using energy to remove the lining of the uterus. The average treatment time is about 90 seconds, and only needs to be performed once to lighten or stop your periods.
No pretreatment drugs are required and NovaSure can be performed as an outpatient in your doctors office. Without the side effects of hormones or the risks of hysterectomy, NovaSure has a quick recovery time so you can get back to your life sooner.
Most women experience no pain after the procedure, and can return to work and regular activities the next day. NovaSure reduces bleeding and much more. With more than 500,000 patients treated to date, NovaSure is proven safe and successful. A clinical trial has shown that more than 9 out of 10 women return to normal or lower than normal bleeding levels following treatments with NovaSure. For some women, their periods even stopped completely.
Many women also experienced a reduction in PMS and painful periods, as well as other benefits such as less anxiety, greater self-confidence, and a boost in energy. NovaSure clinical trial post treatment survey results reveal:
- 45% reduction in women reporting PMS
- 64% reduction in women reporting pain
- 68% reduction in women reporting anxiety
- 71% reduction in women reporting a lack of self-confidence
- Nearly 4 fold reduction in women reporting a lack of energy
Dr. Michael J. Maioriello
600 Professional Center Drive
Novato, CA 94947
- Obstetrical Care
- Gynecologic Surgeries
- Minimally Invasive Procedure with Alternatives to Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Hysteroscopic Surgery and Endometrial Ablations
- Sterilization Procedures
- Gynecologic exams for women (Pap Smears)
- Infertility Treatment and Diagnosis
- Menopause Management
- Treatment of pelvic pain and Menstrual disorders
- Botox, Cosmetic fillers and Laser Hair Removal