Teens injured in shooting expected to survive

August 2, 2010 1:53:52 PM PDT
Three teenagers who were injured in a drive-by shooting in North Richmond on Sunday are expected to survive, Contra Costa County sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee said today.

Two deputies in the unincorporated area heard gunfire at about 4:45 p.m. Moments later, the sheriff's office began receiving reports of shots fired.

The deputies found the victims, a 16-year-old boy, a 14-year-old boy and a 14-year-old girl, in the area of Fifth Street and Market Avenue, Lee said.

It appears that they had been standing on the sidewalk when somebody drove up to them and shot them.

No suspects have been identified and the motive for the shooting remained unclear today, Lee said.

All three victims were taken by ambulances to a hospital. Their injuries were not considered life-threatening.

uReport:
Take part in the news. Send videos and photos to uReport@kgo-tv.com, or visit uReport.abc7news.com.


Load Comments