Firefighters control kitchen fire in Hayward

November 29, 2011 10:33:57 AM PST
Firefighters have controlled a one-alarm fire that broke out in the kitchen of a Hayward home this morning, a fire captain said.

The fire, which started on the stove of a two-story home at 1182 Denton Ave., was reported at 9:11 a.m., and the fire department's first units were on scene at 9:13 a.m., Capt. Thor Poulsen said.

"By the time the occupant was trying to knock everything out, the fire got into the cabinets," he said.

Firefighters had the blaze under control by 9:28 a.m. The crews then pulled down home's ceiling and cabinets looking for any hidden fire, Poulsen said.

No one was injured.

Four fire engines and one fire truck responded to the blaze.

Load Comments