House fire sparked by lit candle injures resident

February 24, 2012 12:48:56 PM PST
Firefighters in Concord have controlled a house fire that left one resident with minor burns, according to a fire official.

The one-alarm blaze was reported around 11:10 a.m. at a house in the 1900 block of Overhill Road, Contra Costa County Fire Marshal Lewis Broschard said.

Firefighters knocked down the fire in about 10 minutes, and one of the home's residents was sent to a nearby hospital as a precautionary measure after suffering minor burns, Broschard said.

No other injuries were reported.

Broschard said the blaze appears to have been sparked by a candle left burning in a back bedroom.

Flames spread to the living room, causing an estimated $250,000 in damage to the house and its contents, he said.


Load Comments