KGO-TV/ABC7 in San Francisco is looking for Part-time Online News Producer to join our tech-savvy team of online journalists. Strong writing and editorial skills and the ability to multitask in a high pressure environment are a must. Thorough knowledge and prior experience using major social media platforms to report news are also required. The Online News Producer is responsible for publishing daily news and breaking news content to the station's digital platforms, as well as producing and editing video content. Other production duties include tagging content for the website, moderating forums, producing and deploying multiple email newsletters as well as managing a user-generated content site. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
(1) Two plus (2+) years experience working in an online news organization.
(2) Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP style. All applicants will be given timed writing tests which include story, headline and social media writing tests.
(3) Must have excellent computer skills and experience with all of the following: content management systems; Fireworks or Photoshop; Final Cut Pro and basic HTML tags.
(4) Preferred: Bachelor's degree in media-related field and experience working in a high-paced, deadline driven television newsroom.
(5) Candidates must clear a background check.
NOTE: This position requires working night, weekend and holiday shifts. Please do not apply if you're not able or willing to fulfill this requirement.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume and two writing samples to: www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID # 47036BR (Online News Producer - Part-time), ABC Owned Television Station (KGO-TV), create a candidate profile and upload your resume. You must also send a cover letter, reel (e-link), and writing samples to be considered for the position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
KGO-TV, an owned station of ABC, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer