Belmont fire causes $20,000 in damage

July 19, 2012 2:56:57 PM PDT
An electrical fire that broke out Wednesday in a detached garage at a Belmont home caused an estimated $20,000 in damage, a fire department spokesman said today.

Firefighters responded to a report of fire in a workshop area attached to a garage in the 2300 block of Coronet Boulevard at about 3 p.m., Belmont police Lt. Pat Halleran said.

Arriving crews reported seeing smoke coming from the workshop, Halleran said.

Firefighters kept the flames from spreading, and the blaze was controlled in about 20 minutes.

No one was injured.

The fire appeared to have been caused by a problem with electrical equipment in the workshop, Halleran said.

Load Comments