Hotel in Burlingame evacuated overnight due to leak

November 8, 2012 7:36:38 AM PST
Guests are being allowed back into the Embassy Suites Hotel in Burlingame after being evacuated for several hours overnight due to high levels of carbon monoxide from a boiler.

Fire crews sounded an alarm around 12:30 a.m. after detecting high levels of carbon monoxide. The air was being checked because a guest from the hotel was taken to the hospital at 6:30 last night from suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Crews vented the hotel, fixed the leak and guests were allowed back in about 5 a.m..


Load Comments