2 die in senior care facility after eating mushrooms

Two residents of a senior care facility in Placer County have died from eating poison mushrooms.
November 9, 2012 12:00:00 AM PST
Two residents of a senior care facility in Placer County have died from eating poison mushrooms. Two other residents and an employee are in the hospital.

On Tuesday, a caregiver picked wild mushrooms growing at the Gold Age Villa Care Home and cooked them as a treat. The mushrooms turned out to be poisonous. An elderly woman died Friday morning and a second person died Friday evening.

The state is investigating, but sheriff's deputies say it appears to have been a tragic mistake.


Load Comments