Vallejo supermarket evacuated after gas leak

March 7, 2013 3:29:30 PM PST
The Island Pacific Supermarket in Vallejo was evacuated Thursday afternoon when a gas believed to be Freon leaked from a refrigeration unit, a Vallejo Fire Department spokesman said.

Firefighters responded at 1:30 p.m. to a report of a hazardous materials situation at the market at 2110 Springs Road in the Springstowne Shopping Center, spokesman Mark Libby said.

Fire crews shut off the leak and called the Solano County Hazardous Materials team, Libby said.

Some of the Freon gas was coming through the front door of the market, but no immediate injuries were reported, Libby said. There were no reports of residences being evacuated, Libby said.


Load Comments