Vets save New York City dog who swallowed 111 pennies

Dog named "Jack" recovers after undergoing emergency surgery to remove 111 pennies from his stomach. (photos courtesy BluePearl Veterinary Partners)
March 13, 2013 5:23:20 PM PDT
A dog in New York City is recovering after undergoing emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.

The 13-year-old Jack Russell terrier named "Jack" became ill after he swallowed 111 pennies last week.

He was rushed to the vet for emergency surgery where the pennies were removed, five at a time, in a two hour operation.

Doctors say the zinc in the pennies can be lethal to a dog.

The dog's owner says his best friend is now back to his normal self.


Load Comments