Fire put out at housing complex in Vallejo

June 5, 2013 11:42:17 AM PDT
The Red Cross is helping some residents in Vallejo find a place to stay after an early morning fire at a housing complex for low income seniors.

It broke out at the Casa De Vallejo apartment building on Sonoma Boulevard around one this morning. Firefighters evacuated about 100 people living in the building. Investigators say it started on the 5th floor after someone left a pot on the stove. At least four units were damaged.

The Casa De Vallejo just re-opened in January after a four-alarm fire left three people dead in 2008.


Load Comments