Fire at apartment complex in San Mateo

July 15, 2013 7:44:50 AM PDT
Firefighters in San Mateo extinguished a three-alarm blaze at an apartment complex early this morning.

Crews were called to the complex on the 220 block of Bridgepointe Parkway, across from the Bridgepoint Shopping Center shortly after 1 a.m. More than 100 residents were evacuated and then allowed to return home. However, residents in six units which were damaged by smoke and water have not been allowed to return.

Investigators say the fire started inside a dryer vent and spread between the walls.

There are no reports of injuries.


Load Comments