Southern California dog nearly dies after eating poisoned meatball

September 19, 2013 7:31:05 PM PDT
First the Bay Area, now Southern California. Meatballs laced with poison are now putting pet owners in one community on alert.

A man in La Ca?ada Flintridge says his dog June nearly died last month after eating meatballs thrown onto his property.

Those meatballs were later found to be laced with the dangerous pesticide strychnine.

Police are calling this an isolated incident, but dog owners in the neighborhood say they're now worried to let their dogs out for walks.

Earlier this summer in San Francisco, tainted meatballs were found in the Diamond Heights and the Twin Peaks neighborhoods.

Those meatballs were also laced with strychnine.

A dachshund that ate one of the meatballs died.

No word if all of these cases are connected.


Load Comments