Health officials warn Comstock bar patrons of Hep A exposure

December 24, 2013 12:00:00 AM PST
Health officials believe people who ate or drank at a popular San Francisco bar and restaurant may have been exposed to Hepatitis A.

An employee at Comstock saloon on Columbus Avenue has been diagnosed with the virus. Management told us it was not a food handler.

The employee worked December 12th to the 15th and on the 19th.

Hepatitis A can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and even lead to severe illness with hospitalization.

Health officials believe in this case there is little risk of a restaurant patron developing the infection. However, they suggest anyone who hasn't been vaccinated for Hep A get tested.


Load Comments