The security video shows an attendant in yellow reflective gear at work. All of the sudden, a car barrels in, throws the attendant about 30 feet, and sparks a fire at the pump.
The attendant was badly bruised, but should be OK.
The brother-in-law of the station's owner grabbed a fire extinguisher to put out the flames and prevent an explosion.
"I heard this big bang and then I look at my TV camera, and I see a ball of fire," recalled gas station owner John Nassar. "You know, if he was on the other side of the car where the pump is, you know, he would have been caught on fire,"
The 83-year-old driver was not hurt. He told police he accidently accelerated instead of hitting the brake.