• WEATHER ALERT Winter Weather Advisory

Teen injured after iPhone catches fire in pants

February 1, 2014 2:14:37 PM PST
A 13-year-old girl from Maine is recovering from first and second-degree burns after her iPhone caught fire inside her back pocket.

The trouble began when the 8th grader sat down, heard a popping sound and then noticed smoke.

Responding fire officials praised the student for remembering to "stop, drop and roll."

She quickly got rid of the pants, while a teacher brought a blanket.

She was released from the hospital and is back home.


Load Comments