DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
KGO-TV/ABC7, the ABC-owned television station in the San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose market is seeking a News Producer to produce a dynamic daily newscast.
We expect our producers to be leaders in the newsroom and to be engaged in all aspects of newscast production and newsgathering. We need detail-oriented producers who are able to juggle many tasks at once without sacrificing accuracy.
ABC7 is seeking a candidate who:
1. Is a self-starter who pays close attention to the details and has good time-management skills.
2. Understands ABC7 News' audience and organizes newscasts to appeal to that audience.
3. Is a strong writer and is able to delegate writing to ensure efficient newscast production.
4. Embraces the importance of digital and social media and is eager to integrate new media content.
5. Actively participates in editorial planning by pitching stories and cultivating sources.
6. Has a good eye for the visual elements in a newscast and is skilled at building graphics.
7. Is experienced with non-linear video editing.
8. Possesses a positive attitude and professional maturity.
9. Ensures our broadcasts reflect the diversity of the Bay Area and meet standards for fairness, balance and accuracy.
10. Executes the philosophical mission and strategic vision as determined and directed by News Management.
College degree and five years of newscast producing experience is preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to: www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID #193990BR (Newscast Producer), KGO Television (ABC Owned Television Station).
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
ABC7 is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability
Job Opening: Newscast Producer (Non-Union)
KGO JOBS PAGE