PHOTOS: Cellphone overheats, catches fire under pillow

(NYPD / Twitter: @NYPD33Pct)

You may want to rethink using your cellphone in bed!

RELATED: Hoverboard fire leaves East Bay family homeless

New photos posted to social media by the New York Police Department's 33rd Precinct in Washington Heights show the aftermath of a cellphone overheating and catching fire.



The phone was apparently under someone's pillow while they were asleep.

It is unclear where and when the incident happened.
Related Topics:
newscellphonefirebuzzworthyu.s. & worldtechnologyNew York
(Copyright ©2016 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments