HALF MOON BAY, Calif. --The U.S. Coast Guard suspended the search Monday evening for a victim who vanished in the waters off of Half Moon Bay earlier that day and the search remains suspended today, according to a Coast Guard lieutenant.
The search was suspended around 7 p.m. and the Coast Guard will not be continuing to search for the victim today, Lt. Steven Dross said. Dross did not provide a reason for why the search wasn't continuing today.
At about 2 p.m. Monday, the Coast Guard received multiple reports of a person who was last seen going under the surf near Dunes Beach.
The victim was described as a young male wearing board shorts, although authorities do not know whether the victim is a juvenile or adult, Coast Guard officials said.
A helicopter, two lifeboats and various law enforcement units continued to search for the victim into the early evening Monday, according to the Coast Guard.
No further information was immediately available.