Student exposed to irritant in San Jose classroom

A student exposed to an irritant at a San Jose middle school this morning has been sent to a hospital, a fire department spokesman said.

Crews learned about the incident at Sylvandale Middle School located at 653 Sylvandale Ave. just east of Senter Road around 9:40 a.m., Fire Capt. Mitch Matlow said.

A substance that causes irritation was released in a classroom, Matlow said.

Emergency crews have transported one student to a hospital and are assessing for other possible patients, he said.

No other details were immediately available this morning.
Related Topics:
newshazmatfirefightersSan Jose
(Copyright 2016 by Bay City News, Inc. Republication, re-transmission or reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. Is prohibited.)

Load Comments