• BREAKING NEWS Raiders fire head coach Dennis Allen
  • BREAKING NEWS WATCH LIVE: ABC7 News at 11 p.m.

Man killed on Caltrain tracks in Burlingame ID'd

Bay City News
Monday, August 11, 2014
A man killed on Caltrain tracks in Burlingame last Monday has been identified as a 23-year-old San Jose man, according to the San Mateo County coroner's office.

Dipesh Yadav was hit by a southbound train at about 9 p.m. at the Broadway station, coroner's and Caltrain officials said.

Caltrain spokeswoman Christine Dunn said it was unclear what the man was doing on the tracks. He was pronounced dead there.

There were about 400 people on the train at the time and none of them were injured. The train remained on the tracks there for about 90 minutes and there were system-wide delays for commuters that night ranging from 15 minutes to an hour.

It was the sixth fatality on Caltrain tracks this year. Last year there were 13, Caltrain officials said.
Related Topics:
news caltrain pedestrian struck traffic traffic delay transportation traffic fatalities trains Burlingame San Jose
(Copyright 2014 by Bay City News, Inc. Republication, re-transmission or reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. Is prohibited.)

Load Comments