• BREAKING NEWS Shooting reported at high school north of Seattle

Two hospitalized in 1-alarm San Jose house fire

(Photo courtesy: @SJFD)
Bay City News
Two residents and a firefighter suffered minor injuries in a one-alarm fire Sunday morning that left a San Jose home uninhabitable, a fire captain said.

Crews were dispatched around 7:45 a.m. to a home on Rockway Drive where they saw heavy fire in a garage that had spread to the home's living space, according to San Jose fire Capt. Reggie Williams.

A family of four was able to escape the blaze but two of the residents suffered minor burns and smoke inhalation and were sent to a local burn center for treatment, Williams said.

A firefighter also suffered a minor burn while fighting the fire and was treated at the scene and released.

Fire crews had the blaze under control around 9:50 a.m., Williams said.

The blaze caused major damage to the home, leaving the four residents without a home. The American Red Cross was on scene Sunday morning to provide housing assistance.

Williams said the fire appears to have been caused by a cooking appliance left on in the home's garage and is considered accidental.
Related Topics:
news house fire firefighter injured San Jose
(Copyright 2014 by Bay City News, Inc. Republication, re-transmission or reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. Is prohibited.)
Load Comments