Match day has finally arrived! We'll be glued to our television screens along with the rest of the world and we're definitely rooting for Team USA as they begin their World Cup campaign against Ghana, today at 6 p.m. on ESPN. Check out the six great reasons why the the Yanks could win it all!
1. Escape from the Group of Death: If the Americans are able to advance out a group which includes number 2 in the world Germany, number 3 in the world Portugal (according to the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking), and also a talented Ghana squad, then the sky's the limit for the United States Men's National team.
2. Production from forwards: Without arguably the best American soccer player of all-time, Landon Donovan, the Yanks need production out of their forwards, especially big man Jozy Altidore, who has not scored for club or country since December 4, 2013. Other forwards include Clint Dempsey, Chris Wondolowski and rising star Aron Johannsson.
3. Midfielder Michael Bradley, the playmaker: The Italian media and fans called him "Il Generale," meaning "The General," at his old club team AS Roma. If Bradley stays in command and keeps setting up his teammates like he did a few days ago against Turkey, then watch out!
4. Defensive line stays strong: Keeping star players such as Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo and Germany's Mesut Ozil in check would give the American defense a tremendous boost of confidence. First, head coach Jurgen Klinsmann needs to find the best starting four defenders out of DaMarcus Beasley, Matt Besler, John Brooks, Geoff Cameron, Timothy Chandler, Omar Gonzalez, Fabian Johnson and DeAndre Yedlin.
5. Tim Howard: Goalkeeper Tim Howard needs to come up big, like he usually does, if the defense struggles. Good goalkeeping always gives a team a chance to win.
6. Jurgen Klinsmann's decision-making: Klinsmann has no time for error in the World Cup, with only three games to prove yourself in the Group Stages. In-game decisions need to be on point, whether it is giving 18-year-old forward Julian Green playing time or having the right combination of defenders on the back line.
Top 6 Reasons Why USA Will Win in World Cup