SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) --The ABC7 weather team is ready to help you prepare for every storm with our Storm Impact Scale.
LIVE RADAR: Track storms as they move through the Bay Area with LiveDoppler7 on the ABC7 News App
Take a look at the chart above -- we will give each storm a number with 1 being the lightest type of storm and 5 being the most severe. This way you'll know what to expect.
- Number 1 means a light storm with 1/2 an inch of rain or less and likely lasting a few hours or less.
- Number 2 is a moderate storm with 1/2 an inch to one inch of rain forecast and could include scattered power outages.
- Number 3 is a strong storm with one to two inches or rain and could include widespread hazardous roads, minor flooding, and numerous power outages.
- Number 4 is a major storm with two to three inches of rain, moderate flooding, widespread mudslides, and widespread power outages all likely.
- Number 5 is a severe storm. That means three inches or more of rain and could include extreme flooding, roads impassable, and power outages for several days.
Click here for the latest AccuWeather Forecast and to track storms across the Bay Area.
When you get unusual weather where you live, tag your photos and videos on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook with #abc7now. You may see them on ABC7News.com, the ABC7 social media pages, or on ABC7 News on TV!