According to San Jose fire Captain Brad Cloutier, at 5:58 a.m. fire officials received a report of a fire at a townhouse on Don Seville Court.
On their way to the scene crews could see flames and smoke coming from the townhouse and the fire was upgraded to two alarms.
Crews arrived on the scene just after 6 a.m. and found that residents had already evacuated the building.
The townhouse was fully involved and neighboring units were threatened. The blaze was then upgrade to three alarms, Cloutier said.
At 6:53 a.m. crews knocked down the blaze, Cloutier said.
According to Cloutier, nine adults and three children were displaced from three housing units. No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
Firefighters checking out the damage, some debris is still smoking. Thankfully everyone is safe. pic.twitter.com/3pCiA53MF4— Tiffany Wilson (@TWilsonTV) November 9, 2017
Firefighters say three units were damaged, they share a common attic space and the fire spread quickly. pic.twitter.com/pNR8RsPWPu— Tiffany Wilson (@TWilsonTV) November 9, 2017
The damage in the back of the unit is even worse, one car also destroyed pic.twitter.com/sDdSVdPjew— Tiffany Wilson (@TWilsonTV) November 9, 2017
The townhome fire in San Jose is out - some residents waiting to return to their homes pic.twitter.com/pnk5CekKKu— Tiffany Wilson (@TWilsonTV) November 9, 2017