RELATED: Bay Area Easter celebrations adapting to COVID-19 shelter-in-place orders
Easter services went on at Nob Hill's Grace Cathedral but with no parishioners and dozens of empty pews.
"I sing along to the hymns," said Valerie Crane Dorfman.
Crane Dorfman watched a live stream of the service sheltering in her home and she wasn't alone.
"You can see people from all of the world are grateful to connect like this, it's wonderful," said Crane Dorfman.
In Oakland, there was online Easter mass at the Cathedral of Christ the Light.
ABC7 presented Glide Memorial's Easter service at 11am, part of our special Finding Faith broadcasts.
RELATED: ABC7 presents 'Finding Faith: Glide's Easter Sunday Celebration'
"I wish everyone happy Easter, resurrection and new life," said Glide vocalist Vernon Bush.
We found Jose Cardenas watching the service on TV at Cafe Cappriccio in San Francisco.
"We have to stay safe and separate," said Cardenas.
The Rohnert Park Police recruited the easter bunny to help collect donations for a local food drive from residents.
RELATED: Bay Area cities urge residents to avoid crowds, practice social distancing on Easter weekend
Yes, there was even a virtual egg hunt, via video conference by members of the Baxter family from San Francisco.
Easter was definitely re-imagined across the Bay Area. Family and faith still intact.
"We will get through this, we will be together again," said Crane Dorfman.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of living in the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19