According to SFPD, two individuals have been cited during this shelter-in-place order. One on March 23 and a second on April 2.
RELATED:7 people issued $1,000 tickets for violating COVID-19 shelter-in-place order, Santa Cruz police chief says
Supervisor Peskin says those citations are set to increase.
"We're going to start stepping that up like nobody's business. But we don't want to enforce we want everyone to stay healthy. This is a town that is tolerant, a town that is accepting," said Peskin.
RELATED: Everything to know about San Francisco Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
A viewer who preferred to remain anonymous sent photos to ABC7 news concerned about a lack of social distancing at the Inner Richmond farmers market in San Francisco this morning.
After viewing the photos Peskin responded, "Farmers markets are essential businesses. How they are run is critically important."
Peskin pleaded for San Franciscans to keep their distance while shopping.
RELATED: Bay Area cities urge residents to avoid crowds, practice social distancing on Easter weekend
In the Ferry Building, coffee business Proyecto Diaz has made it a priority to inform their customers and protect their employees.
"Every once in a while there's a person who doesn't understand which is why we placed the sneeze bar. But 99% of people do get it and are practicing completely," said Fernando Diaz, Proyecto Diaz's Owner.
Some farmer's market businesses are pre-packing their produces to avoid contact. Their biggest concern is the potential of a lack of social distancing affecting their business.
"We wouldn't have known that this would be our main sources of income come April. Right now it is the main source of income. If it wasn't for the farmers market we wouldn't be able to pay our rent," said Hannah Love-Diaz, Proyecto Diaz owner.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of living in the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19