There is a picture of a healthy 58-year-old Stacy Allegro on her Facebook page back in January, smiling.
EXCLUSIVE: East Bay woman details her fight to get healthy after COVID-19 diagnosis
But on March 18 she began getting symptoms after her husband returned from a trip to Morocco. Eleven days later she was in the emergency room, she posted "fighting for my life" with COVID-19.
Today out of the hospital she talked to ABC7 news about her ordeal.
"All I could do was stare at the ceiling burning with fever feeling like a pinata being beaten up by kids at a birthday party," she explained.
While at Kaiser San Rafael Medical Center, Allegro continued to post about her condition. She wrote about her high fever and sweating through three sets of bedding per night.
RELATED: California man battling COVID-19 shares his experience -- 'I was terrified'
She will never forget how isolation brought loneliness.
"I don't think that I was scared that I wasn't going to make it, I was scared that I wasn't ready to lose the people in my life without being able to say goodbye," she said holding back the tears.
Allegro told us, she'll always remember her medical team including Dr. Orna Hananel posting messages of gratitude on the hospital wall for the staff on the 4th floor.
Dr. Hananel said in Marin County the virus has not exclusively affected the sick and elderly.
RELATED: New York doctor documents a day in the fight against coronavirus
"The average again with disease is 54, very young. So they're seeing people below 50 and seeing people above 50," outlined Dr. Hananel.
After spending seven days in the hospital Allegro was released but remains in isolation at her family home in Sonoma.
"I'm terrified to go back out even if they say it's OK. I don't know that I'm going to feel okay with it," she said cautiously optimistic about her condition.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US,around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of livingin the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19