This announcement was made after a vote by the Bay Area Toll Authority.
The toll will remain at $6 everyday, no matter the time, effective Tuesday as of midnight, the agency announced.
This change is in light of the novel coronavirus pandemic and the lack of bridge traffic while Bay Area residents shelter in place.
Toll prices previously ranged from $5 to $7, with the latter price in effect during peak commute hours.
More than a 138 million drivers crossed the Bay Bridge and paid a toll in the 2018/2019 year, according to toll revenue data.
Since the pandemic began, bridge traffic has substantially decreased.
"The volume of weekday traffic across the Bay Bridge and the six other state-owned toll bridges has fallen about 50 percent below 2019 levels since the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order went into effect on March 17," the agency said a in a statement this week.
It's unclear how long the halt on Bay Bridge congestion pricing will remain in place, but California's COVID-19 shelter order is likely to continue while state officials evaluate the state's progress in stopping the virus' spread.
Gov. Gavin Newsom has identified six criteria for deciding when California may reopen and ease shelter-in-place restrictions.
The criteria includes California expanding testing and conducting contact tracing, being able to protect the state's most vulnerable populations, ensuring hospitals are equipped to handle surges, working with hospitals and researchers to find treatment and therapy for the virus, making sure businesses and schools can maintain physical distancing protocols and being able to re-implement strict measures, as needed.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of living in the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19