Not all stores decided to open. For example, Macy's is offering curbside service only.
One store owner who did reopen said she feels confident in the safety measures she has put in place.
RELATED: Reopening California: When will San Francisco bars reopen?
"I am OK with my safety," said Cyndie Berglund, owner of St. Andrew Jewelers. "We feel good about that. We just hope the mall is prepared for it and that they are ready too. That they have the measures in place as well."
She brought a new sign to hang in her store's window during these strange times. It says "Practice Kindness".
Mall officials refused to comment and told our crew to get off the property. On the mall's website, a list of safety precautions they say they have put in place includes shutting down water fountains, spacing out furniture in the food court and providing hand sanitizer.
Shopper James Holman came from El Sobrante in the hopes of buying some Air Jordans. He was not concerned about the coronavirus.
LIFE AFTER COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms, schools, sports will look like when they reopen
"I don't feel nervous at all," Holman said. "If we can be in the crowds and doing the protests and everything I ain't heard of nothing happening to my peoples so I feel like we can be in the mall."
The mall's website says officials do not know the status of all stores. It encourages shoppers to call a store to see if it is open before visiting.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- When will the San Francisco Bay Area reopen? Track progress on 6 key metrics to reopening here
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- How California's COVID-19 cases stack up against other hot spot states
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Latino community
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions