Salon owner Pam Decharo can't open her doors, but business is booming for her neighbor a mile down the street.
"I know it's a little crazy," she said with a laugh. "But, I'm not mad about it."
San Mateo County lifted restrictions Wednesday, allowing many businesses to reopen including hair salons, indoor dining, and gyms. But, none of those are included in the Santa Clara County Health Order.
LIFE AFTER COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
"I want to reopen, but we're just going to have to wait," Decharo said.
One mile south in Menlo Park, Elia Torres owner of Textures Hair Design, is flooded with calls from old and new clients.
"We've had a lot of calls from people we've never seen before so eager to get in because they can't handle their hair anymore," said Torres. "We're grateful we can open."
Santa Clara County Health officials haven't determined a timeline for hair and nail salons, barber shops, or indoor dining to resume operations.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 risk calculator: Quiz yourself on the safest, most dangerous things you can do as CAreopens
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- When will the San Francisco Bay Area reopen? Track progress on 6 key metrics to reopening here
- Reopening California: What's opening and when in the Bay Area
- Everything we know about CA businesses opening and what comes next
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- Here's everything allowed to open in CA (and what we're still waiting on)
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Latino community
- WATCH: 'Your Mental Health: A Bay AreaConversation' virtual town hall addressing COVID-19 impact on mental health
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions